What better way to cure the non-blogging doldrums than a meme! I've been tagged by Joe for the following. You guys know Joe? You should read his blog, which he appears to be updating with renewed vigor. Joe and I spent a year of graduate school together before I left for the west coast, what, like six years ago? Wow, that's a long time.
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. If you don’t have 7 blog friends, or if someone else already took dibs, then tag some unsuspecting strangers.
My seven random facts:
1. I have three framed pictures of my dog in my apartment.
2. I met my future wife on the very first day of new student orientation in college. However, she did not consider dating me at the time, because she thought I was too short.
3. I am 6'2" tall, thank you very much.
4. General David Petraeus, the current Commander of U.S. Central Command in the Middle East, is a cousin of mine.
5. I watch a lot of reality TV, but whenever there is any interpersonal conflict (which is often), I plug my ears with my fingers.
6. I've been using a Mac since c.1984. Mind you, I was only four at the time, but my father brought home one of the those first models, and the interface was so simple, even a toddler like me could figure out MacPaint.
7. My fingers are freakishly bendy. I took a picture to post as an example, but it really doesn't translate well into the photographic medium. It looked vaguely like my hand belonged in a jar of formaldehyde in a museum somewhere.
I hate tagging people...uh...Kariann? Elizabeth? Dan? mb? Ugh, see, I hate tagging people. Tag, you're it if you want it.
3 days ago